Visiting Philadelphia on a Budget
If you want to spend your holidays in a city that has an old charm, Philly is the place to be. Your Philadelphia vacation can enrich your knowledge in the history and culture of the United States. What is the best in this city is that most of the attractions do not ask for admission fees so you can freely have an access to the country’s most notable landmarks that have stood as witness to the major events in the US history. With a few words of advice and good itinerary planning, you can get the best travel deals in town.
“If you want to celebrate the 4th of July on the places where the historic event took place, you should book your hotel reservations at least 8 months in advance in order to get the best rates.”
Below are some money-saving tips to help you out in keeping tabs on some of your dimes while you explore the historic and cultural Philly.
- Renting a car is an option so that you can get around easily. The mass transit in the city is reliable too as you can have eight rides in a day for a few dollars. At night, cabs are safe but they are quite costly.
- Value hotels can be found nearby the airport. Lodges in downtown are expensive due to the fact that the city is thickly inhabited. Rates go further up during the Independence Day because of the volume of tourist flocking in Philadelphian landmarks where the major events in the history took place. Book at least 8 months in advance to snag the best deals if you do not want to miss out such events. Find more hotels to fit any budget on Reservations.com
- There are budget restaurants around Philadelphia that serve the famous cheese steak sandwiches for just a few dollars. Be sure not to miss an opportunity to have a taste of other regional specialties.
- Visit free attractions in the Philly. Mosey through the Independence Hall where the founding fathers of America signed the declaration of the country’s liberty. Afterward, head off to the Victoria Mansions in the Chestnut area. The city has more than 100 museums and most of it is free such as Philadelphia Art Museum which is an open house on Sundays.
- There are also tourist spots where you can see oddities for just some bucks such as Mutter Museum where you can see Siamese twins’ skeletons and collection of archaic medical instruments. The Eastern State Penitentiary which is no longer operating offer guided tours for a cheap price. It was where the notorious criminals like Al Capone were incarcerated. You can also visit the former residence of famous poet Edgar Allan Poe.
- You can shop for souvenirs and great buys on King of Prussia Mall which has over 400 different shops and restaurants. You can find good deals on this mall especially on clothes and shoes as you would not be charged with sales taxes.
Getting the best of the city will not max out your savings account so you should not think twice in coming over to the historical Philly. With such tips, you can snag the best travel deals in town.